Hiding a pillar in the living room is a task that everyone dreads. It is an important task to complete because it will give you more space in your home.
There are many ways to hide a pillar in the living room. For example, you can use furniture and accessories to decorate the area around it. You can also use paint on the wall or even wallpaper to create a new design around it.
Hidden pillars are a stylish way to add depth and character to your living room. They can be used as a feature or an accent piece.
Hiding a pillar in the living room is easy with these simple tips and tricks.
Step 1: Choose Your Pillar
First you will need to decide what kind of pillar you want to hide in the room. There are many different types including metal, wood, and ceramic pillars. You will be able to choose your pillar from the many options available at your local hardware store.
The style of your living room will dictate which type is most appropriate for the space. A metal pillar would look best in a more modern or industrial style living room while a wood or ceramic pillar would fit better into a more rustic or traditional décor.
Step 2: Determine the Type of Pillar
Once you have decided which type of pillar you want to hide, it is time to choose the type of base finish. The two main options are a matte finish or a shiny surface.
Matte finishes create an earthy feel while shiny surfaces tend to be more light-reflecting. This will determine how much light is blocked by your pillar so that you can decide what effect you want to create in your room.
Lamp Units and How to Get the Perfect Light Fitting
The perfect light fitting is the one that you want to be able to use for years. That is why you need to look for a lamp that has a long life span and can withstand all types of weather.
Lamp units are not only used in homes but also in businesses like restaurants, hotels, and offices. The main purpose of these lamps is to provide enough light so that people can work efficiently.
Closet Units and How to Get the Perfect Closet Height
Closet units are designed to fit in your closet. They can be as short or tall as you need them to be and can even be customized to fit your specific needs.
There are a few factors that determine the height of the closet unit. The most important is the height of the ceiling, which is typically 8 feet high.
If you have a low ceiling, you may need a taller unit. If your closet has an attic above it, you will also want a taller unit so that it doesn’t block access to anything in the attic.
To find out how tall your closet needs to be measure from floor to ceiling and then add 8 inches for every foot of that measurement.
For example, if your room is 8 feet wide by 12 feet long and has an 8-foot ceiling with an 18-inch overhang on each side, then you’ll need a 24-inch tall closet unit.
Entertainment Unit & Furniture Units and How to Make Your Room Feel Larger/Smaller
The Entertainment Unit is pieces of furniture that can make your room feel larger or smaller. It is a versatile piece of furniture that you can use as a TV stand, coffee table, nightstand, and more.
The Entertainment Unit is the perfect addition to any living space. It has plenty of storage space and the ability to be used in different ways.
The unit also creates an illusion of more space in your room because it has a lower center of gravity than other pieces of furniture.
How to Make Your Room Feel Larger/Smaller:
To make your room feel larger, place the Entertainment Unit against the wall with its back on the wall.
To make your room feel smaller, place the Entertainment Unit on top of another piece of furniture or on top of a rug.
How to Hide A Pillar in Your Living Room and Brighten Your Space
If you are looking for a way to hide a pillar in your living room, you can use the steps outlined below. Pillar Hiding:
1. Find an area of your living room that is not visible from the front of your house.
2. Measure the height of the pillar and mark it on the wall with a pencil.
3. Use a saw to cut along the pencil line and remove part of the wall until you reach about two feet down from where you marked on step 2, leaving about three inches above where you marked step 2 on the wall (this will be where your pillar will go).
4. Remove all paint from this area of wall and cover it with masking tape or paper towel
5. Place some sandpaper over this area of wall and use a sander to smooth out any rough edges around this area (you may need to do this more than once).
6. Use some painters tape or mask ing tape to cover the area of wall where the pillar will go.
7. Create a hole in this section of wall, large enough for your pillar to fit through, with a drill.
8. Place your pillar inside this hole, and use some screws or nails to secure it in place.
9. Cover the exposed part of your wall where you drilled with more masking tape or paper towel (this will be for extra protection).
10. Paint over the top layer of paper.
Hi. I’m Catherine C. Vestal, the founder of Needinhome.com and author of the series A Practical Guide To Home Improvement. On this site, you’ll find all sorts of home improvement advice on everything from lighting to flooring to kitchen remodels.
Along with building some practical knowledge, my goal is to inspire creativity in people who are looking for ways to make their homes feel like a place they can call their own – whether it’s an apartment or a house.